The Heavy Duty M series actuators are designed to meet steel mill specifications, these non-tie rod units incorporate a range of features that provide heavy duty dependable service. The heat treated pinions provide low tooth contact pressures and permit hollow shaft configurations with bore sizes capable of transmitting full operating torques, including shock loadings. The M Series units are fitted with wear ring bushings that provide full support and eliminate the possibility of contact between the cylinder and piston. The large diameter tapered roller bearings on the pinion allow the actuator to absorb considerable thrust, radial and overhung loads. For ease of maintenance, all pressure seals on the M Series can be inspected or replaced without removing the actuator from the customer's shaft.
- Output torques @ 3000 psi (207 bar): 75,000 lb.-in to 50,000,000 lb-in.
- Maximum operating pressure: 3000 psi (207 bar)
- Operating temperature range: Nitrile seals: -40° to 180°F or -40° to 82°C. Fluorocarbon seals: -20° to 250°F or -29° to 121°C
- Standard rotations: 90°, 180°, 360°
- Rotational tolerances: -0°, +2°
- Maximum breakaway pressure: 75 psi or 5 bar
- Mounting orientation: unrestricted
- Timing: Keyway located at 12:00 position at midstroke of actuator
- Housing: Heavy duty ductile iron (units up to 1000M) Steel weldments (units larger than 1000M)
Rack and pinion design provides excellent efficiency characteristics (90-95%) and minimizes Hydraulic Power Unit Size.
Minimal heat build-up, limits the need for heat exchangers.
Large hollow gears offer more shaft options.
M series are designed for low wear on dynamic seals and longer life.
Excellent in high speed production applications.
- Fluid management & flow control/power plants
- Marine offshore/boomslewer, submersible
- Mining/mobile longhole drilling, tunnel boring
- Mobile/fire truck ladder rotation, aerial lift basket, X-ray boom rotation, forklift handling & storage, refuse tippers
- Nuclear/door actuation
- Paper & pulp/walking beam
- Space/rocket launch tower
- Steel & casting/ladle tilt, coil box, steel booming, pipe fabrication